Thursday, August 30, 2007

Suddenly...

In late June, my dad told me he had a girlfriend. Wait, a "special lady friend" as he insisted on calling her.

Yesterday, he informed me he is marrying said "special lady friend" (SLF) on Sept. 8th. Apparently, they've been dating for a year but he didn't want to tell me because it might be "seem sudden."

Let's look at this timeline, shall we?

Late June - Dad has a SLF.
Late August - Dad is engaged to SLF.
Early September - Dad will be married to SLF.

Well, gosh, if you want something to "not seem sudden" that's really not the best way to go about it, eh? (I'm rolling my eyes over here.) I doesn't really matter to me anyways. I'm just perplexed at his reasoning.

On the woolly side of things, some Ella Rae Classic came in today and I'm not sure what I'd like to do with it yet. But I have many, many options.

The gifts and yarn for my Monkey Sock Pal have all been purchased and are patiently awaiting for me to actually knit the darn Monkeys. I just need the Cookie A. pattern as well.

I've actually made a list of things to get at the yarn shop sale. And it keeps growing...And I still need to ask my boyfriend if he'll take me. He will, of course, because he loves me. And obviously, if a boy continues to be willing to stand around in a yarn shop for you, it's love. (He's been putting up with my insane list of yarn supplies for my upcoming birthday and will soon accept that he will never get me a "normal" present ever again.)

Love,

Jenn

1 comment:

Secret Pal said...

There's no such thing as a normal present. I keep wish lists at select craft stores so that there's no chance for my husband to get confused.

If you haven't figured it out, I'm your secret Monkey pal.