Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monkey Sock Swap

It just seems appropriate that I should join this swap. Afterall, Monkey is my first pair of socks! Sign ups are open until August 31st, so you can still join if you'd like!

Monkey Sock Swap Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? Definitely a beginner. But I'm learning quite fast.

The measurements:
Shoe Size: 7.5-8 US
Foot circumference: 8 inches
Foot length: 9 inches

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Green is my favorite color. Blues, teals, turquoise, etc are all good. Yellow, dark reds, and purples are excellent as well.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? I'd prefer a solid this time around.
Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool. Winter is coming and my feet need the warmth.
What colors would you never wear? ORANGE. Uck. Bright "stop sign" red. Neon colors.
What are your favorite brands of yarn? For socks? Well, I've only tried Cherry Tree Hill so far. But I've bought some Fleece Artist for socks as well.
Are there any new brands you would like to try? I'm curious about Louet Gems and Regia Silk.

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit?
I've knit Monkey and I plan on knitting Hedera soon.

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?
I salivate over the German Stockings. Gothic Spires and Twisted Flower also have my heart.

Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US?
I'd prefer a US pal, but if you need to pair me with an international pal, that's fine too.

Do you have any allergies? Not at all.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals?
I don't smoke and unfortunately, I don't have any animals. (sigh) I live in a dorm afterall.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name?
2,243 people are ahead of me in line. If this changes, I'll let you know.

I can't wait to get started!

Jenn

No comments: