Monday, July 9, 2007

It's Magical!



Well, it's a crappy photo. But the scarf looks nice! It hasn't even been a week since I frogged the first version of the scarf and already I'm on my 8th stripe. I think I'll only have 17 stripes. The pattern says 19 but I'm not sure I can get it done in time for my visit to Boston. I have to, afterall, block it and then add the fringe. Tonight, I hope to get three more stripes done. Then I just need 6 more to finish, which is 2 per day until Friday. Then I can block it and add fringe either before my flight or while I'm at the airport. Sounds good? Let's hope I can manage it!

By the way, from this day forth I cannot buy any more knitting supplies unless they are desperately needed for a project. That means, no more yarn books, needles, notions, and certainly no more yarn. I've got everything I need (except for some dpn's in certain sizes) to begin enough projects to keep me happy for the next year. I think I'll end this embargo in September to buy myself a birthday present. Then back to the embargo until I've finished all the projects I've bought yarn for so far.

Speaking of what I've bought yarn for...I've got 6 skeins of Laines du Nord Dolly Maxi at $4.20 coming to me for three projects: Le Slouch (from http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com/), Fetching gloves (from http://www.knitty.com/), and maybe a simple hat to go with the gloves.

Then I've got all I need for the Wicked and Glee sweaters (Zephyr) and the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds cardigan (cosmicpluto.com). And if that's not enough, I've still got items from the first list that I need to get to work on.

So, I'm set. And should stop spending money. Because I'll be poor in September. (sigh).

Jenn

No comments: