Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stripes, stripes, and more stripes.

Well, I haven't bought a single skein of yarn. Nor purchased a pattern. Or needles. Or anything. And while I know the embargo has only been going for 2 or so days, I'm dying over here. I wanted so badly to purchase Hermione's cable and bobble hat and mittens. But...(sigh) I refrained.

But things are okay, even with my impulse yarn buying chomping at the bit. I have yarn on its way (bought BEFORE said embargo) and yarn books (ditto) coming to me as well. Why, just today I received the Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie M. Wiseman. I love it. No more searching the internet for finishing tips. It's al(most) in one tiny book with pretty color photos.

Also being mailed to me at this moment are:
Domiknitrix, Fitted Knits, and Knitting Without Tears. Sweeet.

As well at yarn...new yarn...some lovely yarrrrnnn.

In other news: I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THE HARRY POTTER SCARF! Yes! I have forsaken sleep and work, and now I am on my 17th stripe! Which, by the way, I believe I will be knitting 19 stripes and then running to the LYS during lunch tomorrow for extra dark yarn for the fringe. I'm hoping to get all the stripes done by tomorrow morning, block it before work and fringe it afterwards. Hopefully, I can get a picture of the intended recepient wearing it this weekend.

Ah, good stuff.

Jenn

No comments: