Friday, June 22, 2007

Mmm...more yarn.

I've spent a lot of money on yarn recently. I guess I'm piling up my stash. I'll see a project I'd like to do and search for a yarn for it. If I find something on sale, it becomes mine. Like the Berocco Air yarn for the Georgiana scarf, on sale for $4.

And today, I walked to Georgetown to Stitch DC. I was super-excited to go, but discovered they have a really small selection of yarn, especially compared to Knit Happens in Alexandria (which truly is "the happy place"). I didn't get anything, but I spied a lovely mohair blend for when I'm advanced enough to attempt the Candy cardigan from Knitty.com.

Then I came home and bought more yarn online. I got the Plymouth yarn for my next project, a Harry Potter scarf, and some sale yarn for other various projects.

Speaking of projects, here are the ones I will attempt this year:
Big Bad Baby Blanket
Harry Potter scarf
Georgiana scarf
Persephone scarf
3AM Hat
Baby booties and matching hat
Capelet
Shrug
and three sweaters, two from knitty.com, and one from Stitch n' Bitch.

I guess I'll update on where I am on this list in the next month. We'll see how far I can get...

Jenn

No comments: