Thursday, October 11, 2007

Socktoberfest

There are so many 'fests in October. Oktoberfest, Tocktoberfest, and of course, Socktoberfest.

I have really been celebrating socks so much as spending all my time on socks. I'm attempting to finished up the Monkey Sock Swap. I'm almost done with Sock #1 and will knit Sock #2 as fast as I can. Right now, it's being worked on the DC Metro system and when I have time inbetween classes.

I'm also preparing for the Harvest Sock Swap. I received my pal awhile ago, and when in NC this past weekend, I found the perfect sock yarn. It's Cherry Tree Hill is colorway Cabin Fever.





Perfect for fall socks. And I've gotten one goodie for my pal so far.

By the way, my pal just let me know she's already sending my package. How lazy do I feel??? My pal won't get hers until Nov. but thank god, I only have to knit one sock, so it should be early November.

It's a cool windy day here in DC and I'm wearing my first Monkeys. I'm looking forward to knitting myself a pair of socks soon...which isn't too far off. The way the Harvest Sock Swap works, I'll receive one finished sock, a pattern, and the rest of the yarn. I'm pretty darn excited.

Once my LSAT course is over, and school is winding down, I'm just going to spend a few days knitting like mad. Maybe I'll even finish Glee, aka the Forever and a Day sweater.

Let's hope so.

Jenn

No comments: