Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still Alive

I haven't blogged in awhile. Mostly because I haven't taken pictures of my current WIPs and FOs. But here's one:



Pattern: Basic Cable Hat (from Stitch n' Bitch Nation)
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool (1.5 balls)
Needles: 9
Mods: CO 120 sts. Changed gauge to 5.5 sts per inch. Added one extra pattern repeat.

This hat was for my roommate Alyssa. I knit it for her birthday (which is today). She's got a big ol' head. So I modified it to fit a 23" head. I accidently cast on too many stitches at first and accidentally didn't change needles after the ribbing. Which turned out to be a happy mistake. The gauge from the smaller needles ended up make the cast on amount perfect. Strange how things happen. This was one quick knit too. A handful of hours at the most. I knit it in three days though, on the metro and as a break between writing for class.

All in all, I adore this hat. The Mission Falls 1824 Wool is amazingly soft too!

I'll be making myself one too.

Jenn

No comments: